Health & Baby Videos
Best Foods for Conception
- Signs You're Fertile and Ready to Conceive
Timing sex with ovulation increases your chance of getting pregnant. Here are the signs to look for.
- Diastasis Recti Causes, Symptoms, Treatments
Diastasis recti often happens during the third trimester. Learn what you can do to repair these abdominal muscles if they stretch out and separate.
- Young Publishing Pioneers Help Moms-to-Be Eat Well
When two middle schoolers discovered a discrepancy between foods at risk for listeria and the list of foods pregnant women should avoid, they created a solution.
- Your Baby's Vision: How Much Can Little Ones See?
Do you ever wonder what the world looks like through a newborn’s eyes? We simulate how an infant’s vision evolves from 2 weeks to 12 months.
- Good Nutrition for Conception
Good nutrition and a healthy body weight can help women who are trying to conceive. Also, some nutrients are more important than others.
- Prenatal Vitamins
Why should women consider a prenatal vitamin when they’re trying to conceive, and what should they look for?
- How to Clean a Breast Pump
Protect your baby from harmful bacteria with this step-by-step guide to keep your tools sterile.
- 3 Ways to Ease Pregnancy Constipation
It’s common to become constipated while pregnant. What are a few ways to get relief?
- What It’s Like to Expect Twins
Parents share their initial thoughts after finding out they will have twins.
- Pregnancy Weight Gain
How many extra calories should you eat for two? It depends on several things, so here’s how you determine your target number.
- Ways to Boost Energy Throughout First Trimester
Tiredness is normal for moms-to-be. If you still feel drowsy, try to recharge your body and mood with one of these tips.
- 7 Body Changes to Expect While You're Pregnant
Could your teeth loosen when you're expecting? Can you grow facial hair? Here are a few strange but completely normal ways your body reacts to pregnancy.
- Checklist: Get Prepared to Go Into Labor
Use this checklist to help you prepare for labor and feel your best while you're in the hospital.
- Countdown to Baby: 5 Signs of Labor
You'll know you're really close to meeting your baby when you notice these five labor signs.
- 7 Tips to Sleep Better While You're Pregnant
Here’s how you can unwind and get a more comfortable night's rest as your due date gets closer.
- 'Can I Have Sex?' Top Pregnancy Dos and Don'ts
Can you get flu shots while pregnant? Fly on airplanes? Dye your hair?
- Baby Growth in the Third Trimester
How big does your baby get from week 28 to the final stretch of your pregnancy?
- How It Feels When Your Baby Moves Around
From first kicks to stretching, what can you expect when your little one first starts to move around in the womb?
- Baby Growth in the First Trimester
From a fertilized egg to a garlic bulb-sized baby, here's how your growing little one develops week-to-week through the first trimester.
- What You Can and Can't Do in Your Third Trimester
Can you wear high heels through the final stretch of your pregnancy? Can you eat what you want?
- Countdown to Baby: What Happens During Labor
Labor is a journey – and it's different for every mom-to-be. Here's how it might unfold for you.
- 3 Types of Foods to Eat and 4 to Skip While Pregnant
Plenty of nutrient-dense foods are great for you and your baby while you're pregnant. Others you should steer clear of.
- Countdown to Baby: What Happens During Delivery
When you're in the second stage of labor, called delivery, you are mere minutes to a couple of hours away from meeting your newborn.
- Pregnancy Milestones Timeline
Between the first signs around week 4 to labor around week 38, what milestones can you anticipate throughout your pregnancy?
- Baby Changes Through the Second Trimester
Get an inside peek at what your baby looks like week-to-week up until week 27.
- The Basics: Pregnancy Tests
When will the results of your home pregnancy test be the most accurate?
- Safe Bug Sprays for Pregnant Women
Pregnant women are worried about mosquito bites since the Zika virus outbreak. They want to keep bugs away, but which spray repellents are safe to use?
- WebMD 1:01: Early Signs of Pregnancy
Morning sickness is a given, but what other signs might suggest you’re pregnant?
- What They Don’t Tell You: Childbirth
Women share stories about what it’s truly like to give birth, from their water breaking to cutting the umbilical cord.
- Designer Babies: Gore and Topol on Fetal Genome Sequencing
Medscape Editor-in-Chief Eric Topol, MD, recently spoke with former Vice President Al Gore about his book, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change. In this segment, Mr. Gore addresses the pros and cons of fetal genome sequencing and explains his concern that this technology could be used to create so-called designer babies.
- Folic Acid: Start Before You Conceive
Folic acid is essential for women trying to have a baby. A look at why and when they should take it.
- Woof! Does Fido Belong in the Hospital Delivery Room?
A woman in England had her therapy dog present when she delivered. Is that wise? Is it safe? Bioethicist Art Caplan talks about the pros and cons.
- How Stress Affects Your Fertility
Stress is rough on your body and can affect your fertility. Here’s what you can do to relieve your anxiety.
- Why Age Matters
If you’re trying to conceive, how long should it take? It depends on your age and if you have other health conditions.
- Vaccines During Pregnancy
Which vaccines do you need before, during, and after pregnancy?
- Should Parents Circumcise Baby Boys?
Deciding whether or not to circumcise your baby boy is an individual choice.
- Pre-Natal Screening Tests
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about common tests performed during pregnancy.
- Tips for Spacing Your Pregnancies
How long should you wait before having a second child? Keith Eddleman, MD, has the answer.
- Unsafe Foods During Pregnancy?
Which foods should you avoid while pregnant? Keith Eddleman, MD, explains.
- Prepare Your Body for Pregnancy
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about changes you should make before trying to have a baby.
- What Is Pre-Eclampsia?
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about preeclampsia, a serious condition that occurs during pregnancy.
- Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy
How much weight should you gain when pregnant? Keith Eddleman, MD, explains.
- How Your Thyroid Affects a Pregnancy
Keith Eddleman, MD, describes the thyroid problems you might encounter while pregnant.
- Pregnancy: How Old Is Too Old?
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about when a woman may be too old to have a healthy baby.
- What To Expect During Labor
Keith Eddleman, MD, describes the process of delivering a baby.
- Mom's Extra Weight Affects Pregnancy
Keith Eddleman, MD, explains how being overweight can affect pregnancy.
- Drugstore Pregnancy Test Accuracy
Keith Eddleman, MD, describes how reliable home pregnancy tests are.
- Should Mothers Choose Epidurals?
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about epidurals during labor and delivery.
- Post-Pregnancy Exercise
Keith Eddleman, MD, talks about the best ways to get back in shape after childbirth.