¿Recién diagnosticado? Qué puedes esperar
- Cómo hablar con tu familia sobre la diabetes
Tu diagnóstico no te afecta solo a ti. Averigua cómo puedes ayudar a que se adapten tus seres queridos.
- Cómo crear un equipo de cuidados de la salud que te comprenda
Aprende cómo encontrar profesionales médicos que entiendan lo que estás pasando.
- Factores que conducen a la diabetes tipo 2
Los latinos tienen un índice más alto de diabetes tipo 2 que otros grupos. ¿Cuáles son las razones?
- Tu familia, tus amigos y la comida: nuevas costumbres
Obtén más información sobre cómo puedes minimizar los efectos de la diabetes en tu vida social.
- 9 Dos and Don’ts of Dieting With Diabetes
Maintaining a healthy diet can be hard enough without worrying about diabetes. But with blood sugar to factor it, here are some tips for eating right with diabetes.
- Why You Are Your Best Advocate When Managing Diabetes
With type 2 diabetes, it’s vital to know the facts and communicate with your care team, especially when you face care disparities.
- Is There a Relationship Between Blood Sugar Levels and Sleep?
Find out if a good night's rest has any effect on blood sugar levels.
- CGM Versus Fingerstick
Information on diabetes management with fingersticks vs CGM.
- Type 2 Diabetes Meal Delivery Plans
Choosing the right plan can simplify meals and help you stay on track with a diabetes-friendly diet.
- Diabetes Kidney Damage in Young Adults
What it's like to live with diabetic kidney disease and what you can do to prevent it.
- Signs Your Kidneys Are on the Road to Failure
Diabetes can quietly damage your kidneys over time. Learn the warning signs and find out how to prevent or slow kidney disease.
- 9 Diabetes Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Are you making these common missteps in your diabetes management? Learn how to avoid diabetes mistakes.
- Don't Let Diabetic Retinopathy Take Your Vision
Regular eye exams are crucial to look for diabetic retinopathy. One of the country's leading eye specialists explains why.
- Facing Diabetic Retinopathy Head-On
Get a glimpse at day-to-day life with this condition.
- How Close Are We to a Cure for Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes affects over 400 million people worldwide, but right now there’s no cure. Here’s the latest promising research.
- Living My Best Life With Type 2 Diabetes
Having type 2 diabetes doesn’t mean life is over -- it’s just different. See how one man made the changes for a healthy -- and happy -- life with the condition.
- Why Treatment Is Different If You’re a Person of Color
Research shows certain racial and ethnic groups are sometimes treated differently in health care settings. Learn more about why this happens.
- How Geography Affects the Health Care of Minorities
Learn about the impact of geography on the health care in minority communities, including issues like lack of access to medical care and lack of "walkable" neighborhoods.
- Minorities and Chronic Disease: Obstacles to Care
Rates of chronic conditions in the U.S. are higher in minority groups than in white populations. Learn more about the social and systemic causes for these health inequities.
- Gaining Access for Minorities to Health Screenings
Learn how lower health screening rates in minority communities is having an impact on health outcomes, and find out what some are doing to improve the situation.
- Distrust of Medical System and Minority Health Care
Why people in minority groups may not trust the medical community, and how that impacts health care.
- Institutional Racism and Health Care for Minorities
Learn about the ways racism within medical schools and the health care system results in poorer quality of health care for minorities.
- Why Diversity Matters in Clinical Trials and Research
Having people from all racial and ethnic backgrounds in clinical trials helps to ensure that treatments are safe and effective for everyone.
- How Does Too Much Sugar Affect Your Body?
Take a look at how the sweet stuff messes with your health, from head to toe.
- Tired of Your Diabetes? Here’s How to Keep Going
When you have diabetes, your daily to-do list can seem overwhelming. Here are six things you can do to reduce or avoid burnout.
- Shop Smart for Groceries for Diabetes
When you control your food, you control your type 2 diabetes. Use these tips to shop wisely at the grocery store.
- Life With Insulin Injections
Treating your type 2 diabetes with insulin? Learn the ins and outs of giving yourself daily injections.
- Beyond Medication: How to Stay on Top of Your Diabetes
Medication is only one part of your type 2 diabetes treatment. Learn about lifestyle changes to manage your blood sugar level and prevent complications.
- 9 Dos and Don'ts of Dieting With Diabetes
Losing extra weight can help you manage your diabetes. But some weight loss moves are more helpful than others.
- How to Eat on the Go When You Have Type 2 Diabetes
When you're running around, healthy eating can get tricky if you're trying to keep your blood sugar levels in check. Learn how to find diabetes-friendly items when you're away from home.
- How to Eat on the Go When You Have Type 2 Diabetes
When you're away from home, healthy eating can get tricky if you're trying to manage your blood sugar levels. See these tips for diabetes-friendly choices.
- 5 Snacks to Enjoy (and 5 to Avoid)
Expert picks for healthy snacks to eat when you’re watching your blood sugar and blood pressure.