Sleep Disorders Slideshows
Tips for Safe Driving with Idiopathic Hypersomnia
- Exercises for Better Sleep
Could your exercise habits be influencing your sleep health? Find out what types of exercise could help or hurt your sleep.
- 10 Ways to Feel Awake Without Caffeine
Do you drag in the afternoons? Here are some ways to get energy without a caffeine buzz.
- How Insomnia Can Affect Your Health
Chronic insomnia causes more than just sleepiness during the day. It can seriously affect your health, mood, and even how your brain works. Learn more.
- Ways to Sleep Cooler
Tossing and turning at night because your bed feels more like an oven? Try these tips to turn down the heat for a refreshing night’s sleep.
- Causes of Nightmares
Everyone has nightmares from time to time. But could your habits make you more likely to have them?
- Natural Ways to Stay Awake With Narcolepsy
If you have narcolepsy, there may be ways besides medications to stay more alert during the day. Learn how diet, exercise, and other natural remedies can help with daytime sleepiness.
- How to Get Back to Sleep
Wide awake in the middle of the night? These tips will help you peacefully drift back to sleep.
- What's Waking You Up at Night?
Interrupted sleep can leave you tired, groggy, and muddle-headed. Find out what might be interrupting your sleep and what you can do about it.
- New Ideas in Sleep Hygiene
If all the usual advice for getting to sleep hasn’t worked, you may want to try newer tricks to help you nod off.
- Natural Sleep Aids & Supplements
Lots of people turn to these drug-free herbal remedies for a better night’s rest. Learn about some of the most popular natural sleep treatments and whether they work.
- Myths and Facts About Snoring
Is your snoring harmless, or is it a sign of something more serious? Here’s everything you need to know to sleep more soundly -- and quietly -- tonight.
- Medical Reasons You Could Have Insomnia
Find out what medical issues can cause problems falling or staying asleep -- even when you want to -- and what you can try to do about insomnia.
- Busy Brain? Tips to Quiet an Active Mind for Sleep
Can’t sleep because your mind is racing? Learn how to slow your thoughts so you can finally get some rest.
- What Happens When You Sleep?
Sleep is a mystery to many of us, but scientists know quite a bit about how it affects us. Here’s what happens to your body when you fall asleep.
- Bed Basics: How to Get Your Best Sleep Ever
Sleep. It can seem like the easiest thing in the world. Until it’s not. Find out more about how to get the best sleep and plenty of it.
- All About Your Body Clock
Find out what makes you tick, and learn how you can shift or reset your internal clock.
- Dos and Don'ts After a Bad Night's Sleep
You didn’t sleep last night. Now what? Find out what to do to make the best of the day and night ahead.
- Why You Need to Get Enough Sleep
Too little sleep could make you moody, forgetful, and even depressed. Learn more about what can happen when you don’t get enough shuteye.
- Why You Snore and How to Stop
Maybe you snore, and it keeps your partner up. Or maybe it’s so loud it even wakes you up. But it can be more than a nuisance -- it can be bad for your health, too.
- How Your Sleep Position Affects Your Health
Your sleep position can make you more likely to snore, have back pain, or get a good night’s rest. Find out what effects your sleep position may have on your health.
- Signs You Aren’t Getting Enough Sleep
If you’re missing out on shut-eye, your body will soon show the signs.
- Ways to Wreck Your Sleep
A lousy night’s sleep can mean a bad day at the office. Here are a few things that can get in the way of good rest.
- Wake-Up Tips: How to Make the Morning Easier
Eleven ways to bound out of bed when your alarm goes off.
- Jobs That Wreck Your Sleep
Having trouble staying awake at work? Take a look at these jobs that might keep you from getting enough sleep.
- Slideshow: Insomnia Myths and Facts
Do insomnia myths keep you up at night? This slideshow looks at the myths and facts surrounding lost sleep and how to deal with it.
- What to do Today to Sleep Better Tonight
See how to get better sleep with tips about diet, exercise, scheduling, and more.
- 20 Tips for Better Sleep
Can't sleep? Start using the tips from this WebMD slideshow tonight to sleep better.
- Slideshow: Fighting Fatigue and Sleepiness On the Road
See the surprising dangers of driving sleepy. Learn what increases your risk of a car accident and tips to keep you safe whether it is insomnia, narcolepsy, or something else making you tired.
- A Visual Guide to Sleep Disorders
Pictures show you the symptoms, causes, tests, and treatments for sleep problems.
- Slideshow: Causes of Fatigue and Sleepiness and How to Fight Them
Always tired? WebMD examines causes and fixes for fatigue.
- Foods That Help or Harm Your Sleep
Does diet matter when you're trying to get a good night’s sleep? Discover which foods can hinder sleep and which foods promote slumber.